Role of Stakeholders
Rights of Stakeholders that are Established by Law
We believe that our long-term success rests on the support and contribution of different stakeholders, including our shareholders, customers, business partners, employees, the communities around our developments, the government, non-government organizations (NGOs), and the media.
• We recognize that our customers contribute significantly to the success of the Company.
• We are unrelenting towards further strengthening the trust and confidence of our customers by constantly ensuring on-time delivery of best-in-class products and services.
• We continuously sharpen customer focus and our service levels across all customer-facing units through dedicated service and relationship management teams.
• We ensure that our products and services perform their intended functions satisfactorily and not post a risk to health and safety.
- The Company recognizes the rights of all our business partners and we strive to forge long-term and mutually-beneficial relationships with them through impartial dealings and adherence to the highest level of moral and ethical conduct.
- We grant equal opportunities to, and promote fair and open competition among vendors and trade partners by encouraging the highest level of productivity, efficiency, quality, and cost-competitiveness.
- We accredit suppliers who share the same vision as the Company along these lines, with preference for those who adopt a green mindset under our greening the supply chain campaign.
- To ensure that business partners strictly comply with the company policies to prevent the occurrence of fraudulent activities, the Internal Audit Division conducts vendor audit in accordance with the provision in the Vendor’s Code of Ethics.
- We also believe in granting equal opportunity to, and promoting fair and open competition among vendors and trade partners by encouraging the highest level of productivity, efficiency, quality and costcompetitiveness.
Environmentally Friendly Value Chain
- We strongly adhere to best sustainable practices in the delivery of our products and services.
- We have embedded sustainable practices in our day-to-day operations, including partnering and accrediting business partners who adhere to the same environmental sustainable philosophies and practices.
- We are aware that our projects have a significant impact in the areas where we operate.
- We are dedicated to improving the quality of life not only of our customers but also the families and people in the communities that surround our developments, and the society as a whole.
Anti-corruption Programs and Procedures
- We consistently work hand in hand with the government, both at the national and local levels, to address various environmental and social issues.
- We constantly seek to partner with the public sector in developing business solutions, initiatives, and infrastructure platforms that may serve as catalysts for social progress and contribute to raising the standard of living of people in the communities we serve and develop.
- We support the government’s antimoney laundering campaign and other laws by complying with all the rules and regulations imposed by the PSE, SEC, PDEx, BSP and other government institutions.
For more information, please refer to the link below:
Ayala Land Business Integrity Program
- We acknowledge the rights of creditors as stakeholders and are committed to honoring our contracted financial obligations and any financial covenants these may contain.
- We present creditors with readily available information required to evaluate the Company’s credit standing.
- We value sustainability and it has already become part of the company’s philosophy. Here at Ayala Land, sustainability means building communities that not only meet the diverse needs of existing customers but also thrive for future generations by offering environmentally sensitive products and designs.
- We are committed to uplifting the lives of people in these communities through our sustainable practices and developments.
To learn more about our Sustainability practices, click on the link below:
Ayala Land Sustainability Program
- We strive to forge long-term and mutually-beneficial relationships with our business partners through impartial dealings and adherence to the highest level of moral and ethical conduct.
- The Code of Ethical Behavior covers all Ayala Land employees. It outlines the general expectations and sets standards for employee behavior and ethical conduct. Every Ayala Land employee is expected to comply with the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations, with the provisions of this Code and with Ayala Land’s Company policies and procedures. For more information, the Company’s Code of Ethics is available on the company website.
- We endeavor to establish a suitable environment for the continuous learning and development of our people.
- We offer quality training opportunities and customfit courses under the Individual Development Plan process that enable our employees to upgrade their skill-set and perform at optimum levels. These training modules cover business and technical knowledge, skills-building, values, ethics, and corporate governance.
- We have level-appropriate training programs such as Professionals-in-Development (PID) program, Associate Managers Program, New Manager’s Boot Camp, and internal trainings custom made for each unit of the of the Company.
- We also believe in the holistic development of our talents. We offer quality training opportunities and custom-fit courses that recognize and address the needs of Ayala Land’s Leadership Pipeline. Knowledge transfer and building of capabilities are done through the shared efforts of the individual and their boss, executives, managers, and subject-matter experts.
2014 Training and Development Data
- Ayala Land conducted a total of 6,440 training hours translating to 42 training sessions.
- MDC conducted a total of 14,153 training hours translating to 1,261 training sessions for the different Programs such as level-based Leadership Development Program, Development program for Critical Positions, Skilled Workers TESDA NC II Certification, Safety & Quality Culture Building Programs and other Technical & Competency-based training.
- APMC registered a total of 15,426 training hours composed of 109 training sessions in under various service improvement programs.
- We urge our employees to undergo annual physical examinations and regular flu, cervical, and pneumonia vaccinations. Employees receive health risk assessments, timely information on prevention of serious diseases. We also provide extensive health insurance coverage for both employees and eligible family members. We have our clinic with a company nurse and doctor available to employees.
- We instituted a Safety Council in 2013. For our construction projects, we mandate the use of personal protective equipment, safety glasses, and dust masks among construction personnel. We have a detailed Emergency Response Plan in place and regular drills for fire, earthquake, and emergency are conducted.
- All matters related to the health, safety, and welfare of employees, including training and development programs and rewards and compensation are provided in the 2014 Annual Report and the Annual Corporate Governance Report and will be fully discussed in the Sustainability Report which will be released in September 2015.
- We are committed to disclosing timely, accurate, and materially relevant information about the Company to our shareholders and the investing public.
- We place high importance to the Annual Stockholders’ Meeting and its voting exercise to protect the rights and interests of all shareholders.
- We have also established a shareholder communication program to address the information requirements of the investing community on a daily basis.
- We remain steadfast in our role in economic development and nation-building.
- We consistently work hand-in-hand with the government, both at the national and local levels, to address various environmental and social issues.
- We constantly seek to partner with the public sector in developing business solutions, initiatives and infrastructure platforms that may serve as catalysts for social progress and contribute to raising the standard of living of people in the communities we serve and develop.
- We support the government’s anti-money laundering campaign and other laws by complying with all regulations imposed by regulators and other government institutions.
- We team up with reputable NGOs and corporate foundations for their expertise in providing meaningful and effective engagement with the communities that we serve.
- We also make available additional resources to augment their capacity and capability to increase their contribution to society.
- We have lasting partnerships with established NGOs who assist us in addressing some of the needs of the communities surrounding our developments through livelihood programs and employment opportunities.
- We likewise coordinate with the Ayala Foundation for the provision of educational grants to qualified students in public schools around the country.
- We work closely with the media to properly disseminate timely and accurate news and information on the Company’s activities to the general public.
- We consider the media as partners in our open and transparent approach to communication.
- We occasionally support media-initiated causes and events that are aligned with our principles and advocacies.
Right to Voice Concerns and Complaints
Ayala Land provides contact details that stockholders may access in the event of concerns and/or complaints for possible violation of rights on the Contact Us page of this website
Ayala Land complies with all the rules, regulations and directives issued by the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas and its Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC). These cover general information and documentation requirements for customers and record-keeping standards.